Andrew is the coach of several emerging elite ITU athletes, as well as multiple AG Kona Qualifiers. His athletes consistently win Age Group races over all distances throughout Asia and Australia. A former professional athlete, he has trained with some of the world’s best athletes under the world’s best coaches. Andrew is based in Hong Kong, China.
"I picked up triathlon at the age of 17 after leaving school, whilst on a gap year in Australia. After a few months training I returned to Hong Kong where I began training with the elite national squad. Luckily the assistant coach at the time, Ben Bright, who is now the High Performance manager of GB triathlon, noticed my potential and started training me. Using many of the same training principles and sessions passed on by his former coach, Brett Sutton, we had good success in Asia, notably winning the Elite U23 Asian Champs.
During my time training and racing I was able to obtain Undergraduate and Masters degrees in Sports Science as well as many coaching qualifications. Over the past few years I have worked hard building up a big youth coaching programme in HK with the aim of improving the standard of triathlon in Asia, creating an elite program, as well as helping age-group athletes achieve their goals. I look forward to working with you to achieve your triathlon goals."
- Coached the first runner up in the 35-39 AG in Kona 2016
- Coached the winner of the Asian Junior Champs 2016
- Coached several Elite Junior athletes to represent Hong Kong nationally and internationally.
- Coached numerous Age Group triathletes to qualify for Kona and 70.3 World Champs.
- Coached the Number 1 40-44AG ranked athlete in 2013, 4th place in Kona, PB 8hr 40min Ironman.
- Set up my own triathlon development and ID programme in HK.
- Assisted coaching and mentoring top HK swimmers.
- Organised triathlon coaching courses in HK in conjunction with triathlon Australia
- Implemented and coached a charity running programme in HK for underprivileged kids.
- Organised several races including open water swimming and triathlon.