- Level: Advanced age group
- Duration: 16 weeks
- Hours: Builds to 20 hours per week
The 20 hours per week iron distance training plan has been used with enormous success by pros and age-groupers alike. It incorporates the trisutto training principles (which are explained in the plan introduction section).
Program duration is 16 weeks, structured into 4 x 4 week blocks, with each block building on the one before.
Most week days have morning and evening workouts. Longer bike and run workouts are scheduled on weekends. Race week taper and advice on post race recovery are included.
This '16 Week Iron Distance Training Plan' is provided under the assumption that the participant has a basic level of fitness, has been actively training recently, is injury free and can accomplish the following:
- Swim: Complete 2000m of swimming without stopping.
- Bike: Complete 2 hours of cycling without stopping.
- Run: Complete 90 minutes of running without stopping.
Advanced Iron Distance (20 hours pw)
Download your training plan in PDF format from your purchase receipt that is emailed to you.