- Level: Advanced age group
- Duration: 16 weeks
- Hours: Builds to 16 hours per week
Our 16 hour per week Advanced half iron distance training plan is designed to optimise your performance in this event. It incorporates the trisutto training principles (which are explained in the plan introduction section).
Program duration is 16 weeks, structured into 4 x 4 week blocks, with each block building on the one before. Most week days have morning and evening workouts. Longer bike and run workouts are scheduled on weekends. Race week taper and advice on post race recovery are included.
This '16 Week Half Iron Distance Training Plan' is provided under the assumption that the participant has a basic level of fitness, has been actively training recently, is injury free and can accomplish the following:
- Swim: Complete 1500m of swimming without stopping.
- Bike: Complete 60 minutes of cycling without stopping.
- Run: Complete 45 minutes of jogging without stopping.
Advanced Half Iron Distance (16 hours pw)
Download your training plan in PDF format from your purchase receipt that is emailed to you.